Thursday, July 5, 2007

Summer of Socks













I'm not sure what the summer of socks is all about (someone fill me in please) but everyone seems to be knitting them. I just completed (well that might be stretching it, as I still need to weave the ends in and possibly redo the bind off looser) my first pair of two at once on circular needles from the toe up socks. Knitted in Austerman Step yarn. Sock pattern from http://www.knitpicks.com/ . It took awhile to get used to this method and there was much ripping out, but from this angle they look pretty good. The star (after thought) heel was fun to knit. Hmmm- I think I'll raid the stash and see if there's anything suitable for a second pair. I could use a portable project, keeps me sane in the car.

My main project is this:





Cable Cardigan by Svetlana Kudrevich, Vogue Knitting International Winter 2003-04
I am about 2/3rd's of the way done with the front's which I am knitting together. Requires concentration- or it would be further along. I am planning to finish it by November.







No comments: